On this induction weekend, OYO is pleased to continue it’s tradition of creating Legends in minifigure form. We love bringing these amazing players to life in their plastic form of OYOs. Cooperstown is a magical place, filled with ballplayers who bring their magic to us in the memories and great plays we watch over and over. Our partnership with the Baseball Hall of Fame has allowed many special collections of players to be produced as OYOs. In fact many of these players wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the Hall of Fame’s enthusiastic support of OYO. They know how to #playlikeapro. A quick nod to Drew Taylor of the Hall who especially has OYO in his heart, a big kid, who remembers not only the great players of his youth, but his pastimes as well. All of them!
For 2018, OYO produced a number of Hall of Famers for the first time, and updated many minfigures on to new uniforms or teams. Here’s a recap:
- Atlanta Braves Chipper Jones will be inducted this weekend, was produced in an exclusive edition for the Hall, and is sequentially numbered to just 200 pieces
- Atlanta Braves Hank Aaron had a new uniform issued for his OYO, and was produced exclusively for the hall and is sequentially numbered to just 200 pieces
- Cleveland Indians Jim Thome, another 2018 inductee, was produced in an exclusive edition for the Hall, and is sequentially numbered to just 200 pieces
- Detroit Tigers fans are blessed with 2 inductees in 2018 – Jack Morris and Alan Trammell – both of whom were produced exclusively for the Hall and are sequentially numbered to 100 pieces each
- Houston Astros Jeff Bagwell has a new uniform – the iconic Astros “rainbow” jersey – for his new 2018 minifigure available at the Hall, shopMLB.com, OYOSports, and the Astros Minute Maid Park store, to name a few fine retailers
- LA Angels Vladimir Guerrero is another first time minifigure for this 2018 inductee. He is exclusive to the Hall and is sequentially numbered to only 100 pieces
- Pittsburgh Pirates Roberto Clemente legend had his first minifigure ever produced, thanks to the Clemente Family and the Hall of Fame’s unique relationship. Exclusively available at the Hall, this edition is sequentially numbered to 200 pieces.
- San Diego Padres amazing closer Trevor Hoffman is a 2018 inductee and is another “rookie” minifigure produced exclusively for the Hall and sequentially numbered to 100
- The Texas Rangers “Pudge” Rodriguez has a new minifigure available for 2018, in his classic royal blue uniform and red T cap. He is available at the Hall, shopMLB.com, OYOSports, and other fine retailers.
The St. Louis Cardinals had a big boost in the Hall of Fame players OYO has available for it’s rosters.
- Legend Stan “The Man” Musial came to OYO for the first time. He is one of the most amazing ballplayers of his era, but more importantly, after his playing career ended, he continued to be an amazing supporter of Cardinal baseball. His importance to the city of St. Louis, and the excitement he brought to every game for all of his years makes this one of the OYO minifigures we are most honored to have produced.
- Lou Brock gets his first minifigure in his classic royal blue Cardinals uniform of the early 80s.
- Bob Gibson the ace of the 1967 Cardinals Championship team also had his first OYO minifigure in 2018
- We were honored to have updated Red Schoendienst’s minifigure this year to match the cream colored uniform of his teammate and new OYO teammate Stan Musial. In light of Red’s passing in 2018, we have special feelings about this minifigure.
- Enos Slaughter also received a new minifigure in 2018 in the same cream uniform as Red and Stan so that it can be a nice group to #playtogether
All of these special Cardinals minifigures may be found at the Hall, Lids Lockerrooms, Cardinals Clubhouse stores throughout Missouri and Busch Stadium, shopMLB.com, OYOSports, and many other retailers.
We hope you enjoy these collections of baseball’s brightest historical players. Thank you for your support of OYO and for the Legends of Baseball. Visit the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, and if you can’t be there visit them virtually at : https://shop.baseballhall.org
Update – as the HOF has sold out of many players, the secondary market for these figures is starting to show selling prices above original. In the past week (written on 8/3) these sales have occurred.